- In the US, it is now ubiquitous in the modern diet and present in processed food in the form of flour, oil, & lecithin
- Traditional Asian food diets utilize fermented and unprocessed soy which partially neutralizes the toxins in soybeans.
- Soy can inhibit protein digestion, and affect pancreatic function
- Contains phytic acid, which reduces absorption of minerals
- Increases our need for Vitamin D
- Disrupt endocrine function
- Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potential neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing
- Can stimulate the growth of estrogen-dependent tumors and cause thyroid problems